Save $20 with WyzAnt Tutoring

Friday, April 10, 2015

Algebra 1 - Chapter 1 - Sections 1 and 2

Algebra 1 - You CAN do this.

I have decided to go through what you would need to know if you were to take an Algebra 1 class in High School. I will go through the topics, and put the videos here. I'm hoping this will help to organize this subject that many find hard to grasp. I'm going to keep it simple. I will try not to talk too Math-y. If you know what I mean. (I'm kind of making my own chapters based on what I've taught before and how I feel things go together, but by the end of all of this you will see most if not all of what is in an Algebra 1 class.)

I am asking a couple few from you as you follow this. 

1. Your attitude needs to be: I can do this. Attitude is everything. Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right. Sick of teachers saying this? Well, probably because you're sick of them being right....

2. You need to watch the videos (and maybe re-watch) and do the couple of practice problems that are in the videos. If you're not trying them on your own and thinking through the problem, then you won't be able to move on to the next. Redoing the same problems actually will help you A LOT. Do it, then wait and do it again. If you're in a class, then definitely do the homework!

3. If you like the video explanation, please let me know with a like, a comment, and/or a share. Also, if you need more explanation, please leave that in a comment as well either here or on the video.

I really want to make this useful to everyone, and get people to stop being intimidated by Math!~

Here goes!!!

Chapter 1  
Sections 1 and 2 in videos in under 28 minutes!


Section 1 Topics
(about a 9 minute video)
- Variables
- Algebraic expressions
- Numerical expressions

Video explanation with some example problems


Section 2 Topics
 - Order of Operations (about 9 minutes)
- Evaluating Expressions (about 8 minutes)





Here's a reminder of the exponent rules VIDEO


To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment